July 25, 2009

Stop-Start Animation


Having been intrigued by making something tangeable and real to touch, but also wanting to create a video which emphasises that my art may be in the performance, I wanted to maybe create a stop-start animation video. I've been researching on wikiHOW exactly what the process involves and I think I might have a play around with this idea for a while.

I am thinking of encorporating my seemingly 'innocent' female character (left) and putting her in an environment which is strange, eerie and uncanny. Then asking people if they percieve her to be safe or not, in regards to her facial expression etc. I don't know exactly, like I say, I'm playing.

The wikiHOW ideas can be viewed here: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Stop-Motion-Animation

Art Work I may link it to...
Forest Fears: Vol II 'Babe in the Wood' by Sally Waterman

Due to the idea that "A widely used metaphor for danger and a place of nightmares, Forest explores the 'in-between' or 'other place', the place of refuge and contemplation."

0 comments: