May 18, 2010

Video: Edit



As McNiff outlines; "Successful expression involves the ability to let materials and unplanned gestures lead the way." (pg.60, 1998)

As Barnes states; "A lot depends upon the perceptions we bring with us..." (pg. 3, 2002)

And Rookes and Willson explain; "Others believe that the brain uses past experiences and other influences to construct a version of reality." (pg.13,2000)

This video is my process, and I have put it together to accompany my images. I want the viewer to have to look twice, make them wonder what is going on. If viewers are questioning 'what the hell is this girl trying to achieve' I feel I will have achieved what I set out to do. I have expressed myself, and I will have achieved the challenging of peoples perceptions as the reality their brain constructs will not be real. (Rookes and Willson)

References
barnes, r (2002) teaching art to young children 4-9. oxon. routledgefalmer.
mcniff, s (1998) trust the process: an artists guide to letting go. massacusetts. shambhala.
rookes,p & willson, j (2000) perception theory, development and organisation. london. routledge.

0 comments: