July 03, 2009

Banksy

So. I went to see Banksy. As amazing as he is, I feel slightly nervous that he might get found out. I love the fact that he's totally anonymous, and no-one knows who he is and what his motives actually are. I look at his work with unmistakable love, I completely adore what he conveys to me in his work. But my only fear is that someone will post his picture somewhere, and he wont be some God like person, he'll be Mr Mundane who lives next door to you, just with a genius mind. But all that said, I wouldn't mind.. I would still love him. He just wouldn't have that immediate allure that he does now.

But... The exhibition was mind blowingly good. He could have been standing right next to me, or any of the other hundreds of people in that gallery that day. The way he stencils is so precise, and the finish of his work is perfect. I know he probably has 'his people' working for him, but I wish I could work like that.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

A great start to your blogging career Amy!