July 20, 2009

Witney and Summer School

I've been in Witney this weekend... So haven't been reading or anything.
But Wednesday the "Four Arty Fartys" are going to Wolverhampton Art Gallery.

I do have some more ideas to note about though. When I was squad leader at Summer School at Newman through the summer, I was part of the Creative Writing team. The theme for the summer school was 'The Uncanny' which I had never heard of before. When I attended the sessions, I became more and more intrigued by the idea of 'the uncanny' and what the idea meant, and why people felt these situations were particularly 'uncanny'. I felt the link to my thoughts was direct, as it is our perceptions which initially engage us in the situation and make assumptions whether or not the situation is normal. I feel this could be incorporated in my ideas. Uncanny meets Perception. The uncanny perception we have of things...

0 comments: